Welcome to the Cardiff Metropolitan University Summer School for Adult Learners 2019 which provides a variety of FREE courses to adult learners from 17th – 28th June 2019. We are delighted that Summer School 2019 is running during The Festival of Learning (previously Adult Learners’ Week) – an annual campaign celebrating and promoting adult learning opportunities.
At Cardiff Metropolitan University, we offer a range of free and interesting learning opportunities. Our courses can help you to grow in confidence and help focus your career or learning plan. The Cardiff Met Summer School is a great opportunity to try something new, for fun or to improve your career potential. Trying a Summer School course might just be the start of something exciting, which could open more doors for you through progression onto one of our accredited community courses and ultimately, provide a progression pathway to full-time or part-time study at the University. Summer School is also a great way to get a taste of university life, especially if you are thinking of studying here.
Who Can Attend?
Places on Summer School can go quickly. Please be aware therefore that we do give priority to those Learners living in areas of multiple deprivation and those falling into one of the following categories:
• have not previously had access to Higher Education opportunities
• are claiming Government Benefits (excluding Child Benefit)
• are on low incomes or are facing ‘in work poverty’
• are a full-time Carer* or Care Leaver
• have been referred by one of our partner community organisations or charities
* A carer is anyone who cares unpaid, for a friend or family member who due to illness, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction cannot cope without their support. (Carers Trust, 2017)
All courses start at 10.00am and finish at 3.00pm and are on the Cardiff Metropolitan University Llandaff Campus.
Cyffredinol/ Diwrnod Agore
- Ffôn: 02920 201563
Cardiff Metropolitan University