Parenting and Supporting Your Child to Thrive in a Digital Age – A free blended learning programme from WISE KIDS
Dear Parents and Foster Carers,
You are invited to participate in: ‘Parenting and Supporting Your Child to Thrive in a Digital Age’ – a free online blended programme (comprising 2 thirty minute webinars, online content and activities to complete) and delivered by Dr Sangeet Bhullar from WISE KIDS, as part of Adult Learner’s Week.
This programme aims to support parents/foster carers:
• To learn more about the Internet, and how online digital technologies are evolving and changing education, business and family lives, and the opportunities these present.
• To understand the challenges online technologies can present, and gain an overview of how to manage these effectively for their children and themselves; learn where to report concerns/ abuse, and get extra help.
• To learn about the websites and positive resources they can use online to support their child in their learning and development.
• Learn how they can parent with digital more effectively.
• To realise how they themselves can use the Internet for learning and development.
• The programme will have 2 ‘live’ 30 minute webinars delivered via Zoom, at the start and end of the programme, on the 25th of Sept (8.00pm to 8.30pm) and 2nd of October (6.00 pm-6.30pm)
• Immediately after attending the 1st webinar, participants will be given access to a self-paced online programme, with audio and video content and self-paced activities to complete. The programme will end after the 2nd webinar.
In total the programme will take no longer than 3 hours to complete.
All participants completing the programme will gain a WISE KIDS ‘Parenting in a Digital World Awareness Certificate’.
This programme is kindly supported by the Learning and Work Institute in Wales, as part of Adult Learner’s Week.
To register go to:
This is an online resource