Cardiff Met Widening Access
At Cardiff Metropolitan University we aim to ensure that adults of any background or ethnic group are given a fair and equal opportunity to study in a supported manner. We are committed to ensuring that everyone with the determination, skills and desire to access Higher Education should be able to do so.
Widening Access provide opportunities for learners in their own communities, targeting those who have not previously had the opportunity to study in Higher Education. If for whatever reason, in the past, you may have felt that higher education is not for you, we have introduced a range of FREE taster and accredited short courses which are designed to provide a pathway to study at University.
Our courses can help- you grow in confidence and help focus your career or learning plan. They are a great opportunity to try something new for fun or to improve your career potential.
Why delay? Start your learning journey with Widening Access today.
Who Can Attend?
Pease be aware therefore that we do give priority to those Learners living in areas of multiple deprivation and those falling into one of the following categories:
• have not previously had access to Higher Education opportunities
• are claiming Government Benefits (excluding Child Benefit)
• are on low incomes or are facing ‘in work poverty’
• are a full-time Carer* or Care Leaver
• have been referred by one of our partner community organisations or charities
* A carer is anyone who cares unpaid, for a friend or family member who due to illness, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction cannot cope without their support. (Carers Trust, 2017)
- Telephone: 02920 201563
Cardiff Metropolitan University – Llandaff Campus